I love nothing more than getting in the mix, losing myself in music, and once I’m in the zone nothing can stop me. I always try and prep some food in my Thermos before I know I’m going into the studio so I’m prepared. This is my go-to recipe as it’s quick to make and the mixed beans and chickpeas have a low glycaemic index, meaning they release energy slowly, ensuring I can keep the beat going.See method...
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the onion and peppers and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the paprika and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Add the beans, chickpeas, peppers, passata and veg stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook with the lid on for 20 mins.
- When the beans have softened and the sauce has thickened add the parsley and serve.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely diced
- 2 large red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 200g mixed beans, soaked and rinsed
- 200g chick peas, soaked and rinsed
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 300ml passata
- 450ml veg stock
- 2 tbsp parsley
Great for KidsMy son and daughter loved this
Mega!This really is mega! I added pinto beans too.
Thank youSo filling and nourishing! I added meat to mine but this is a lovely vegetarian option.