Online Terms and Conditions of Sale
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything on our website and check that they contain everything which you want and nothing that you are not willing to agree to.
Summary of some of your key rights:
These terms and conditions set out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities;
- our legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law.
In this contract:
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means UK Thermos Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under number 04037228. Our registered office is 1-2 Lockwood Park, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5UX with VAT number ; and
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person using our site to buy goods from us.
If you don't understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please contact us by:
- email [[email protected]];
- If you buy goods on our site you agree to be legally bound by this these terms and conditions.
- You may only buy goods from our site for non-business reasons. If you are buying any goods from our site for business reasons, please contact 0113 276 3450.
- These terms and conditions are only available in English. No other languages will apply to them.
Information we give you
- By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made. If you want to see this key information, please:
- read the acknowledgement email (see clause 4.2.1); or
- contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- The key information we give you by law forms part of this contract (as though it is set out in full here).
- If we have to change any key information once a legally binding contract between you and us is made, we can only do this if you agree to it.
Your privacy and personal information
Ordering goods from us
- Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
- You place an order on the site by placing items into your online cart and clicking the button marked ‘CHECKOUT’. Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. However, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to us.
- When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- the goods are unavailable;
- we cannot authorise your payment;
- you are not allowed to buy the goods from us;
- you have ordered too many goods; or
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the goods.
- We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm this (Confirmation Email). At this point:
- a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and
- we will dispatch the goods to you.
Right to cancel this contract
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason, except where you have chosen to have your goods personalised in which case the right to cancel will not apply.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you receive, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you receives the goods or, where you have ordered multiple items in one order that are delivered separately, the cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you receive the last goods.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email). It is sufficient for you to send your cancellation notice to us before the cancellation period has expired (i.e. it does not need to have reached us).
- If you cancel the contract, we will refund all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the additional costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- We may make a deduction from the refund for loss in value of any goods supplied if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- We will make the refund without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we received back from you any goods supplied; or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods; or
- if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- We will make the refund using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the refund.
- If you have received your goods at the point of cancellation:
- you should send back the goods to us, as soon as possible and in any event no later than 14 days from the day on which you tell us you want to cancel;
- you will need to pay the cost of returning the goods; and
- you are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
- We use [Royal Mail and DHL] to deliver our goods. If you want to see your delivery options, visit delivery before you place your order.
- The estimated date for delivery of the goods is set out in the Confirmation Email (see condition 4.2.3) and your courier will keep you updated about the status of your delivery.
- Delivery of the goods will take place when we deliver them to the address that you gave to us.
- Unless you and we agree otherwise if we cannot deliver your goods within 30 days, we will:
- let you know;
- cancel your order; and
- give you a refund.
- If nobody is available to take delivery, please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- You are responsible for the goods when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the goods passes to you when you take possession of the goods.
- We do not make deliveries to any addresses outside of the UK.
- We accept the following credit cards and debit cards: [Visa, Mastercard]. We also accept payment by [Paypal].
- All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer. We may also need to use extra security steps in some cases.
- Nothing in this clause affects your legal rights to cancel during the ‘cooling-off’ period under clause 5.
- The price of the goods:
- is in pounds sterling (£)(GBP);
- includes VAT at the applicable rate; and
- does not include the cost of delivering the goods (if you want delivery options and costs, visit delivery before you place your order).
Nature of the goods
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example, the goods:
- are of satisfactory quality;
- are fit for purpose; and
- match the description, sample or model.
- We must provide you with goods that comply with your legal rights.
- While we try to make sure that the colours of our goods are displayed accurately on the site, the actual colours that you see on your computer may vary depending on the monitor that you use.
- Any goods sold:
- at discount prices;
- as remnants; or
- as substandard;
will be identified and sold as such. Please check that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended use.
- If we are unable to supply certain goods we may need to substitute them with alternative goods of an equal or better standard and value. In this case:
- we will let you know if we intend to do this but this may not always be possible; and
- you can refuse to accept such substitutes, in which case we will offer you a refund or a replacement and let you know how long such an offer remains open for.
- We aim to provide goods of the highest quality of all times but if you are unsatisfied for some reason please contact us on [[email protected]].
- We offer warranties on all of our products, details of which can be found here.
- If you do not wish to exercise your rights under the warranties mentioned above, your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’), also apply. Below is a summary of some of your key rights. For more detailed information on your rights and what you should expect from us, please:
- contact us using the contact details at the top of this page; or
- visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
Summary of your statutory rights
By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, SI 2013/3134 say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made. We will give you this information in a clear and understandable way. Some of this information is likely to be obvious from the context. Some of this information is also set out in this contract, such as information on our complaint handling policy.
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that up to 14 days after receiving your goods, in most cases, you can change your mind and get a full refund.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product you're entitled to the following:
—up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get a refund;
—up to six months: if they can't be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases;
—up to six years: if the goods do not last a reasonable length of time (which will depend on the nature of the goods), you may be entitled to some money back.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- Please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page, if you want:
- us to replace the goods;
- a price reduction; or
- to reject the goods and get a refund.
End of the contract
If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
Limit on our responsibility to you
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed; or
- that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
- losses that:
We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- If you are unhappy with:
- the goods;
- our service to you; or
- any other matter,
please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our internal complaint handling procedure, we will:
- let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you, and
- you may also use the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform to resolve the dispute with us. For more details, please visit the website on the ‘Your Europe’ portal: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr.
- If you want to take court proceedings, the courts of the part of the United Kingdom in which you live will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract.
- The laws of England and Wales will apply to these terms and conditions.
No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of these terms and conditions.
Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
Click here to view our Prize Draw Terms & Conditions.
Competition Terms & Conditions
Click here to view our Competition Terms & Conditions.