As a PT, I spend a lot of time advising my clients on how to optimise their workouts along with their diet and do the same for myself. With protein as a key source of nutrition, I need to make sure I get my intake without the relentless boring meals of plain chicken, rice and veg. Whilst this recipe incorporates all of the above, the combination of peanut butter and chilli, which may sound strange, trust me, tastes incredible and you’ll go nuts (pun intended) for it!See method...
- Spray a non-stick pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and chilli powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers and stir fry for approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in the passata, chicken and beans, cover and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter, stir well and simmer for 4 minutes until all is mixed well and ready to serve.
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 large peppers deseeded and cut into chunks
- 250g passata
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 2 400g tins red kidney beans
- 4 level tbsp chunky peanut butter
SurprisedI was very surprised how much the peanut butter worked, was intrigued to try and glad I did.
Really tastyI used 1 tin of beans instead of 2 and was perfect amount. Really tasty!
PerfectI used quorn instead of chicken and it was just as delicious
Easy and quickSo easy to make and super delicious! Thank you!