This recipe has become a firm favourite, and is an almost weekly happening for my wife and I. We love it. It can easily be scaled up if you’re having guests, and served in the middle of the table with a selection of sides, it’s the perfect meal for sharing.
It’s also ideal for putting in yourThermos Food Flask for lunch on the go...
Follow Steve: @the_happy_healthy_foodieSee method...
- Put a large saucepan or sauté pan with a lid on a medium heat, spray with oil and add the chicken. I prefer chicken breast, but many prefer thigh, but if you’re wanting to keep the calories down go for breast as it’ll save 100 calories per portion. Fry for a couple of minutes until sealed, then add the garlic, ginger and all the spices, mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, and pour the water into the can and give it a swirl to get the remaining tomatoes out, and add to the pan. Give it a good stir and bring up to a simmer. Add the peanut butter and stir until it melts into the sauce.
- Put the lid on and simmer for 15 minutes until the chicken is complete cooked and the sauce has reduced slightly. Add the yogurt and fenugreek leave, stir well and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice, naan bread or the side of your choice and enjoy.
- Each portion contains only 478 calories, 18g of fat, and 58g of protein. So much healthier than a take away, and far tastier too…
- 2 chicken breasts (diced)
- A few sprays of oil
- 25g garlic (grated)
- 25g ginger (grated)
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1/2tsb ground cumin
- 1/2tsb ground coriander
- 1/2tsb ground cinnamon
- 1/2tsb garam masala
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 100ml water
- 50g smooth peanut butter
- 50g fat free yogurt
- 1tsp dried fenugreek leaves