I love braving the Kent coast to get my open water swimming fix! Benefits include improved sleep, weight regulation, muscle strength and mood enhancement, making you healthier and happier. Having some warm soup when you come out of the sea is essential. My mushroom soup is perfect in my Thermos food flask as it's easy to drink if I’m too impatient to use the spoon (or my hands are too cold). The recipe includes four types of mushrooms, an excellent source of antioxidants, protecting the body from damaging free radicals, ageing and it also boosts your immune system.See method...
- Gently fry onion and garlic in coconut or avocado oil.
- Add in chopped mushrooms and fry on low heat until soft.
- Add salt and pepper and stir.
- Add all spices and stir.
- Add in broth and gently simmer.
- Blend all yoghurt ingredients separately until smooth and set aside for serving.
- Add soup to a blender or use stick blender until smooth.
- Serve with garlic yoghurt swirl and coriander.
- 250g white mushrooms
- 250g shiitake mushrooms
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 large flat field mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 thumbnail turmeric root, grated
- 1 thumbnail ginger root, grated
- Approx. 4 cups bone broth or veg broth (enough to cover the mushrooms once cooked)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Large pinch of pink salt or regular salt
- Large pinch of black pepper
- Fresh coriander for serving
- Garlic yogurt (for serving)
- 200g natural yogurt (or dairy free alternative)
- 4 garlic cloves
- Handful of coriander
YumI didn't make the garlic yoghurt as I had all the other ingredients in, but was really fresh and satisfying on its own.
Really fillingI loved the story behind this and found the soup a lot more filling than I thought it would be. Great recipe!
love itlooks delicious