5 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook
- Preheat oven to 180° fan
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar, once light and fluffy, add the eggs and self raising flour in parts.
- Add vanilla essence and bake for roughly 20 minutes, they should be golden brown and the sponge should spring back.
- Whilst cooling, using an electric whisk and whisk the unsalted butter and icing sugar together until pale and creamy. If the icing is too thick add a little milk.
- Once the cakes are cooled, I use an apple corer to take a little section out of each cake and fill with jam.
- With a piping nozzle, swirl a little icing on to each cake and top with a meringue and half a strawberry.
- 230g self-raising flour
- 230g butter
- 230g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2tbsp vanilla essence
- Strawberry jam
- 200g unsalted butter
- 400g icing sugar
- Mini meringues
Write Your Own Review