Serves 6 - 8
15 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes to cook
- Soften the onions in a little butter, add in the chopped lamb and brown off slightly (5mins), add the flour and garlic and stir. Add the veg, tomato paste and mint sauce, stir to combine and then add the stock, topping up a little if necessary. Cool off for around 10 mins. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180c (Fan).
- Roll out the pastry and make 8 circles. Spoon out the lamb mixture onto each pastry circle.
- Mix one egg and a splash of milk. Fold over the pastry, using the mixture to seal, use a fork to close the edges. Use the remaining egg and milk mixture to glaze each pasty.
- Bake for approx 45 mins.
- Serve warm with buttery minted petit poi.
- 400g lamb chunks
- 3 potatoes cubed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 large courgette chopped into cubes
- 3 small carrots grated or chopped into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp mint sauce
- 200 ml stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Egg / milk for glazing
- Shortcrust pastry (I use JusRoll)
Write Your Own Review