Hi my name is Sarah, I’m half Dutch half Scottish and I love to cook, especially whilst listening to music. I particularly enjoy trying out recipes from different countries and regions not just because I love trying new things and flavours but because you learn a bit more about different cultures as I’m a big believer that food is culture. I created this pumpkin based recipe as it is currently autumn and I love to use seasonal produce in my cooking whenever I can, not just because it tastes better but because it is better for the environment. I made a big batch of pumpkin purée to use for several autumnal recipes and it’s definitely the star of the show in this recipe. I froze the leftover pumpkin purée and I look forward to trying out and creating other pumpkin purée based recipes!
Follow Sarah: @chick_pea_See method...
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic (sliced and grated)
- Good sprinkle of rosemary (fresh is best)
- Good sprinkle of thyme (likewise)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Small pinch of turmeric
- Large lunch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- About 2 cups of pumpkin purée (I peeled and roasted pumpkin and then blended it
- Pasta for two (not fully cooked as it should absorb some of the pumpkin juice)
- 2 tbsp marscapone
- Grated parmesan to the heart’s desire