As a slimmer I ensure to set time aside weekly to meal plan and batch cook. I love making healthy but exciting and tasty meals. This Bolognese Pasta Bake with Spicy Cheese Sauce and Garlic Bread is one of our favourite family dishes. I always cook extra so I have it at hand in the freezer. It’s either a quick evening meal option or a tasty lunch option which we can heat up and take to work or school in our Thermos Food Flasks which keeps food hot for hours on end.
Follow Sarah: @syn_less_with_sarahSee method...
- Cook the mince in a large wok with the large diced onion and 5 crushed garlic cloves.
- In a pan fry off 1 diced red, green and yellow pepper, 2 grated carrots and half a tray of sliced button mushrooms.
- Mix the fried vegetables into the mince with 2 beef stock pots (no water) just the stock pots, same goes for 1 herb infusion stock pot. Add in the 2 cartons of passata along with 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp basil and finally a handful of freshly chopped parsley and simmer for 10 minutes.
- I measured 75g of pasta per person as recommended on the pack, added a little extra so we could all enjoy this for lunch tomorrow in our @thermosuk food flasks.
- Tear the 4 cheese slices into strips and add to a small pot with 30ml of cold water. Heat and stir until cheese starts to melt. Add in 1 level tbsp red hot buffalo wings sauce to give it a spicy kick.
- Served with 1 reduced fat cheesy garlic bread slice.
- 75g pasta (per person)
- 750g 5% fat mince
- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 red, green & yellow peppers
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 tray button mushrooms
- 2 beef stock pots
- 1 herb infusion stock pot
- 2 500g cartons passatta
- 2tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1tsb oregano
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp basil
- Handful chopped parsley
- 4 cheese slices
- 30ml cold water
- 1tbsp Buffalo Wing Sauce