As someone with love for nature, wellbeing and health coaching I find taking Thermos UK on my exploring trips absolutely essential to avoid a food emergency! Nothing tastes better after a long walk than something warm, nutritious and homemade!
I chose black rice for its highest antioxidant activity comparing to other rice varieties plus its earthy flavour and chewy texture.
To upgrade any dish, I love adding toasted nuts or seeds to bring their healthy fats, protein, fibre as well as micronutrients that we sometimes have trouble getting in our diet like magnesium, B vitamins and iron.
Follow Ola: @hipwellnesstSee method...
- If you can, soak rice in water and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar at least 7-8h prior to cooking to make it easier to digest and make the nutrients more assimilable.
- Rinse rice and then boil it until cooked.
- In the meantime blend olives, capers, garlic and all the seasoning in a blender.
- Once the rice is cooked, mix everything together and add the nuts.
- Season with truffle infused olive oil
- Add love
- 1 cup black rice
- 1 jar kalamata olives
- 1/2 small jar capers
- 8 cloves roasted garlic
- A pinch saffron
- 1tsp oregano
- 1tsp roasted cumin
- Handful toasted pine nuts & pistachios
- Truffle infused extra virgin olive oil
YumDefinitely worth a try!