Growing up, food was an integral part of my cultural identity and family life. That flame continues to burn bright today! I have a love for travelling and seek inspiration from dishes that I try. I also have 2 children with completely different taste buds who I need to impress on a daily basis! This recipe quickly became a family favourite after I tried to replicate it after a night out. It is quick and easy to make and perfect to put in your Thermos lunch boxes for the next day! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Follow Noreen: @Mimiskitch3nSee method...
- Get the minced beef and put in all the ingredients. Give it a really good mix making sure everything is incorporated well. Cut your flatbreads into quarters and open each quarter. Take a small ball of meat into your hand and pat onto the inside of the flatbread. Make sure the whole quarter is covered with a thin layer of meat and now close the bread. Repeat this with each quarter and then brush the top with oil. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes (5 minutes each side) or until the bread is nice and crispy! A perfect side or can be eaten as a main with lots of veggies and dips as pictured.
- 500g beef mince
- 5 mediums sized Lebanese flatbreads (pittas also work if you can't find the flatbread)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- 2tsp allspice
- 1tsp cracked black pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 cup finely minced onions
- Oil for brushing