Most of the ingredients were from our local non-food waste community fridge or items already in our larder.See method...
10 minutes to prepare and 35 minutes to cook
- Boil water
- Add butter in a pan
- Add leeks or onion then some plain flour.
- Mix till moisture of the leeks is mixed.
- Add macaroni to the pan of water and put the lid on
- Add milk a bit at a time to the leek mixture, stirring as you go.
- Season to taste.
- Save some of the pasta water and sieve the macaroni.
- Add your cheeses of choice to the leek mixture, mix it well and take off the heat.
- Add some mustard, a couple of drops of Worcestershire sauce and pasta water, stir till the mixture is silky.
- Add some ribbons of ham and mix well.
- Then add the macaroni to the mixture and fold in.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish, and top with more cheese.
- Place in the oven (Gas Mark 5) for 20-31 minutes.
- Onion granules or onion
- Plain flour
- Macaroni pasta
- Salt & Pepper
- Worcester sauce
Write Your Own Review