For me, the importance of eating well is imperative, as it should be to everyone.
I spend my life adventuring. Wild Swimming, Hiking, Cycling, Foraging, Growing my own Food, Kayaking, Travelling - I am always on the go and always need nutrient dense food which will fill my belly while I'm out and about and this Risotto does it all and is so easy to make, that anyone can achieve it!!
It is also perfect for the Thermos Food Flasks!!
Mushrooms are highly beneficial to our health. They are high in essential Vitamins & Minerals (including Vitamin D which is vital to us all). They are a powerful and more importantly, NATURAL antioxidant :)
The list is endless!
By consuming mushrooms regularly, you can eliminate the risks of several diseases and be all round healthier and happier!
FUN FACT :
Consumption of Oyster Mushrooms in particular, can lower cholesterol levels :)
Follow Nat: @wild_childofthe80sSee method...
- Fry Mushrooms in a pan with Avocado oil until cooked through to your liking.
- Slowly fry onions in another pan with Avocado oil, before adding your risotto rice and your stock and herbs & seasoning.
- Bring to the boil before turning down to simmer with the lid on and the pan on for half an hour or so, keep checking. Remove lid and cook until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Once cooked, stuff as much as possible into your Food Flask, leaving room for all your mushrooms and don't leave the house without it so you can enjoy a healthy, filling, meal out on your adventure, wherever that may be.
- Avocado oil
- 2/3 chopped onions
- 2 cups risotto rice
- Salt, pepper, paprika, tarragon (tsp each)
- 2pints vegetable stock
- Handful oyster mushrooms
Filling and deliciousThis was really good. I used a mix of mushrooms that I could find in my local supermarket as I'm not much of a forager!