I believe sunny evenings should always be celebrated, especially in Leeds, which makes this recipe a real winner for last-minute picnics in the park. It’s so quick and easy to make, but it looks amazing and tastes incredible. Having recently switched to becoming a Flexitarian, in an aim to make a more positive impact on the planet, I prefer it on its own as a delicious Vegan main, but it also works as a tasty accompaniment with chicken or fish.See method...
- Preheat oven to 220C/200 fan/gas 7
- Break the cauli in to florets, discard the outer leaves but halve the small ones and set to one side. Trim the stem and cut into small chunks.
- Put the cauli florets and stem, onions, turmeric, cumin seeds, chilli flakes and a pinch of salt into a non-stick roasting tin. Spray with low calorie cooking spray, toss well and roast for 15 mins.
- Add the leaves set aside earlier to the tin and turn everything and roast for a further 15 mins until the cauli is tender.
- Meanwhile, put all the pesto ingredients into a food processor and blitz until you have a paste, add a bit of water if needed and season to taste.
- Cook the couscous according to the pack instructions and drain well.
- Add the roasted veg to the couscous, toss together and scatter over the pomegranate seeds and drizzle over the pesto.
- 1 large or 2 small cauliflowers
- 2 red onions chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 400g couscous
- 100g pomegranate seeds to serve
- Sprinkle of fresh coriander to serve
- For the coriander pesto:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Small pack fresh coriander
- Small pack parsley, thick stalks discarded
- 2 mild green chillies deseeded
Love cauliflower but sometimes run out of ideas.This was delicious. I will be making the dish again.
TastyI'm not a fan of cauliflower but the different flavours complimented each other.
Perfect for picnicsMyself and my partner Tom took this in our flasks to our picnic and it was perfect. Thanks for the inspiration Thermos!