This recipe is PERFECT for a Thermos food flask. It’s a hearty, warm meal that will fill a hungry tummy and taste delicious
Follow Michelle: @never_not_curiousSee method...
Serves 4 - 6
to prepare and to cook
- Cut tofu into bite size block pieces. In a non stick frying pan, fry in oil until all sides are slightly brown. Set aside.
- In a pot, sauté ginger, garlic and white onion in oil until cooked and aromatic. I always season with a bit of salt and pepper in every step but not too much.
- Add chicken thighs and let it brown then add water. Bring to boil then simmer on medium heat until meat is cook and fork tender.
- Check seasonings. Separate meat and broth. Keep broth hot and ready for serving. Shred the chicken discarding the skin and bones then set aside.
- Cook noodles according to instructions. You can add some sesame oil to the noodles if you want to keep it from sticking if you won’t be eating soon.
- In a pan, sauté green onion in oil to release the flavour. Add shredded chicken then set aside.
- Put cooked noodles in a bowl, ladle in the hot broth, put the sautéed chicken in green onions and fried tofu on top. Drizzle with sesame oil and serve.
- You can add chilli oil or chilli and garlic sauce if you want it a bit spicy. A squeeze of lime is also recommended. Enjoy!
- 500g noodles
- 1lb chicken thighs
- 1.5L water
- 1 small block firm tofu
- 1tbsp ginger (minced)
- 1tbsp garlic (minced)
- 1 large white onion (minced)
- 3 stalks green onion (sliced)
- Sunflower oil for frying & sauteing
Write Your Own Review