We use our Thermos all the time to climb the Campsie hills behind our house. The boys favourite is always hot chocolate or tea to have with their snacks but we also love a warm soup or hearty pasta to refuel us on our adventures.See method...
to prepare and to cook
- Begin by preheating the over to 190c
- Prepare the vegetables. I prefer to keep the skin on the butternut squash but this could be peeled and chunked. Chop and deseed pepper. Then put all of the ingredients on an oven proof dish and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and add a tablespoon of harissa paste.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the roasted vegetables and put in a pot. Add the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock. Cooke for another 5-10 minutes and blitz.
- In the meantime. To roast the seeds from the butternut squash, clean the seeds to remove any stringy bits, spread evenly on baking paper, season with salt and for 7-10 minutes. Leave to cool and they should come out crisp.
- Blitz the soup. Add to your Thermos and you are ready for adventure. I took my seeds up the hill in a little Tupperware tub so they stayed crisp for the top.
- This soup is Gluten Free, Dairy Free and vegan. Will easily serve 4-6!
- 1 butternut squash (chopped & de-seeded)
- 1 red onion
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 sweet red peppers
- handful cherry tomatoes
- Harissa paste (optional)
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- Vegetable stock
Write Your Own Review