I'm originally a Londoner but now living in Berkshire. I was a pro dancer for many years but nowadays enjoy cooking, dressmaking, travelling, photography,singing and composing music. My partner is of Chinese origin so I particularly love trying to cook oriental dishes.See method...
- This is my version of Ma Po Tofu. I make it with 350g of plant based mince which I fry with a couple of cloves of chopped garlic. Then I add about 6 sliced mushrooms, 1 dessert spoon dark soya sauce, 1 dessert spoon sweet soya sauce, 2 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Ma Po Tofu sauce, 1 teaspoon dried chillies, 1 teaspoon stock powder and enough water to just cover all the ingredients.
- Bring to the boil then thicken with about two teaspoons of cornstarch mixed with a little cold water.
- Then gently fold in the tofu cut in squares to warm through.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- This can actually serve six to eight along with plenty of boiled plain rice.
- 350g of plant based mince
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 6 sliced mushrooms
- 1 dessert spoon dark soya sauce
- 1 dessert spoon sweet soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Ma Po Tofu sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried chillies
- 1 teaspoon stock powder
- Enough water to just cover all the ingredients
- 2 cornstarch mixed with a little cold water
- Chopped spring onions
- Boiled plain rice