I’m keen on cooking healthy, affordable and tasty meals for the kids and this ticks all the boxes. Sausages are always a winner with my two but I have to be clever with the veggies! This recipe is quick and simple after a long day at work and school. It’s also great to give them for lunch the next day in their food flasks!
Follow Hannah: @ThatRedCurlSee method...
- Chop all the veg (carrots, onion, celery, cherry tomatoes and garlic) up very finely. The smaller the better because then the kids can’t complain about the veggies!
- Take the skin off the sausages and roll them up into balls so they are a little like meatballs.
- Boil some water and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Spray a pan with fry light and slowly cook the vegetables until they are soft. Remove them from the pan and add more fry light then cook the sausage until brown and cooked through.
- Add the vegetables back in and add the puree, chopped tomatoes and worcester sausage. Leave to simmer for ten minutes then drain the pasta and stir it into the sausage/veg mixture.
- Serve and add parmesan to taste.
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks celery
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 sausages
- 400g pasta
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- Splash Worcester sauce
- Fry Light
- Parmesan (optional)