As corporate professionals, we spend 5 out of 7 days a week inside. We love our jobs, but even more so we love great food and fresh air. To find joy in everyday life, we love cooking up good food that is tasty and satisfying, and making the most of any opportunity to be outside.
Our greedy gals on-the-go bolognese ticks both of those boxes, and with our Thermos King food flask, we can enjoy every second of the two combined.
What’s more, our bolognese recipe can be made as delicious evening meal after work, with any leftovers perfect to heat the following day for a warm and yummy lunchtime treat!
Follow: @TwoGreedyGalsSee method...
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a pan and add the carrots, onion, celery and garlic - fry for 4-5 mins until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the bacon lardons and fry for a further 5 minutes until the lardons begin to crisp
- Add the mushrooms to the pan fry for 3-4 minutes until lightly coloured all over.
- Add the mince beef or quorn and fry until browned (no pink mince beef).
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stock cube, herbs, tomato puree and red wine - leave to simmer for 30 minutes - 1 hour, until it the bolognese has thickened to your desired consistency.
- Heat a pan of water and cook your wholewheat spaghetti as per packet instructions.
- Serve a portion to your Thermos travel container and off you go!
- Leftovers? You can also save a portion to reheat in the morning and add to your Thermos container to enjoy for lunch the following day - what a treat!
- 500g lean minced beef
- 100g bacon lardons
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 carrots (sliced into 1/2)
- 2 celery sticks (sliced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 150g button mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 & 1/2tbsp tomato puree
- 1 beef stock cube
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 150ml red wine
- 75g wholewheat pasta per person