I’m Farwah,a stay at home mom. I love cooking from scratch and trying out new recipes. Having done a cooking course,this is one of our family favorites I would love to share :)See method...
to prepare and to cook
- Boil water with a pinch of turmeric powder in a pot or pan. Boil noodles in it.
- Then fry boiled noodles in hot oil.
- Boil water in another pot with cumin seeds, salt and 2 tsp of oil. Boil rice in hot water. Meanwhile, Cut carrot, capsicum, onion and cabbage into pieces and set aside.
- Cut green chillies diagonally and thin slices of garlic then saute in hot oil. Add ginger garlic paste. Add chicken into it and cook for 10-15 minutes or until light brown.
- Add all the vegetables and stir fry for minutes then oyster sauce, worcestershire sauce, tomato ketchup and garlic sauce and white pepper, black pepper and salt.
- Dissolve cornflour in a little flour and pour this mixture into the sauce. Cook and stir for a few minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Now in another bowl, combine together the mayonnaise (cream), water and ground red chillies. Make a layer of boiled rice in a tray.
- Then spread the mixture of vegetables and chicken over it.
- Pour the remaining rice over the mixture, spread the paste of cream, fried chili and garlic over it.
- Now Sprinkle fried noodles over it. Delicious Delicious Singaporean Rice is ready to serve.
- Chef’s Tip: If you feel that the rice has become soft while simmering, fold dry cloth or a newspaper and place under the lid. It will absorb the moisture.
- 250 gm Boneless Chicken cut into cubes
- 2 cups Rice
- 1/2 Packet Fried noodles
- 1 Capsicum sliced
- 1 Carrot sliced
- 1 Green shallots, cut off leaves
- 1 Onion
- 1/4 Cabbage
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 4-6 Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- a pinch of Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
Write Your Own Review