I've always had such a huge interest in health and fitness, and of course nutrition plays a part in that. I'm all for enjoying ALL the foods and indulging without having to feel guilty.
When I was younger I didn't really enjoy my mum's cooking that much (Sorry Mum!) So I started to cook for myself, at around the age of 15.
Since then I've enjoyed experimenting with all different foods and recipes from around the world.
I would have to say that my cuisine is Asian food!
Follow Enya: @ejl.sportstherapySee method...
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Peel and cut 2 large sweet potatoes into rough 1cm chunks.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice 1 onion. Chuck the potatoes and onion into a large mixing bowl, drizzle in 2 tbsp of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss everything together.
- Cover with cling film and microwave on full power for 6-8 minutes, until the potatoes are softened but not fully cooked. Give everything a toss halfway through, then get on with the rest of the dish in the next steps while you wait.
- Add 100g of blue cheese and 30ml of milk to a measuring jug. Blitz until smooth with a hand blender - we are looking for a mayo-like consistency.
- Cut the ciabatta in half and toast in the oven on a baking tray for 10 minutes until slightly browned.
- Spread the blue cheese mix over the ciabatta.
- Once the potatoes and onion are ready, spread them out into 1 even layer over the blue cheese.
- Finely shred 100g of sprouts using a sharp knife, then add them to a large mixing bowl with 60g of rocket. Crack on with a bit of washing up and get on with the rest of the dish in the next steps when the ciabatta is 2 minutes off.
- When the ciabatta is 2 minutes off, drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of vinegar over the rocket and sprouts. Season with salt and give everything a good mix.
- Serve the ciabatta with the salad. Enjoy!
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, (Approx. 300g Each)
- 1 Red Onion
- Olive Oil 3 tbsp
- 100g Creamy Blue Cheese
- 30ml Milk
- 100g Brussels Sprouts
- 60g Rocket / Arugula
- 1tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 Large Ciabatta