My name is Emma, I am 28 and an avid snowboarder who loves the excitement of strapping in and being free on my snowboard. If I could do it everyday I would! I have travelled a lot both to snowy and sunny destinations and this really ignited my passion for food. I love all types of food particularly Indonesian, Japanese and more recently Korean flavours but also traditional Scottish food too Ofcourse!
I have a pretty busy job prior to working full time as a student I had a lot more time to do the things I enjoy including weekly snowboarding, climbing and the odd occasion wild swimming! So I needed to find a new release. I have found my passion for cooking, for me. it provides a bit of escapism, and the ability to wind down after a particularly busy day by exploring and creating new foods. I also love the leftovers I take to work my leftover food from the night before, as for me it is important to have a hearty and warming lunch! I see this as a method of self-care as a full belly makes for a more productive work day! Food is also definitely a way for me to show my appreciation and love to people.
Follow Emma: @eat_with_emmmaSee method...
- Start with prepping the veg, chop the broccoli stems into three large chunks, peel and slice the shallots and grate the garlic.
- In a large frying pan add a tbs of butter (if you wish) and a small drizzle of oil. Once hot squeeze the sausage meat from its casing and begin to brown. Once the sausage has started to brown add in the gnocchi (don't boil before hand), and fry until golden brown and crispy. Around 15 minutes.
- Once golden and crispy add in the broccoli, shallot, garlic, thyme, cream cheese and single cream fry for 5-8 minutes until onions and broccoli begin to soften. Finish with storing through some Parmesan.
- Serve and enjoy for dinner, this will keep amazingly well in your thermos flask and is an ideal hearty lunch on the go, up the mountain, in the sea or at your desk!
- 500g (one packet) gnocchi
- 250g (one packet) tenderstem broccoli
- 6 sausages (I used caramelised onion-flavoured pork sausages, but can easily be substituted I.e chicken sausage)
- 2tbs cream cheese
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2tbs thyme
- 100ml single cream