I love exploring the mountains in North Wales. This usually means very early starts... so I like to batch cook nutritious tasty food to store in the freezer in Thermos Food Flask sized portions.. so that there is always something yummy to heat up in the morning to take on my trip.
Follow Christina: @adventuring_in_northwalesSee method...
- Heat a dash of oil in the bottom of your casserole dish and brown the sausages for 10 -15 mins or until nicely browned on all side
- Transfer onto a plate and set aside until later.
- In the same pan/ casserole dish add the sliced onions with half of the butter and cook until soft and mushy, add the chopped mushrooms and the rest of the butter, stir until cooked.
- Turn down the heat a little and add the cornflour to the onion and mushroom mixture, stir in tomato puree, paprika, crumble in the stock cube and add the tin of tomatoes. Stir for a few minutes and add the water.
- I like to chop each of the sausages into 4 pieces, this makes it easier to fit into your food flask and to eat on the go. Chop and add to the pan.
- Add the drained butterbeans, lots of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Pop the lid on and transfer to the oven and cook at 150 degrees fan for about 2 hours or until soft and melt in the mouth.
- Once cooled, I spoon into small freezer bags in Thermos Food Flask sized portions and freeze or chill until needed.
- 8 quality sausages (GF if preferred)
- 2 medium onions (sliced)
- 300g mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 tin tomatoes (chopped)
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 2tsp paprika
- 20g salted butter
- 2tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 1 stock cube (chicken or veg)
- 300ml boiling water
- Salt & black pepper to season
- Dash oil
A hit with the kidsMy kids love anything involving sausages so this was a hit and now one I make regularly.