I'm Angela, live in Newcastle upon Tyne, and work mainly at home as a local government officer. Usually I make a big pan of soup at the weekend so that I've some for lunch during the week. My neighbour has an apple tree. I always make this soup when she gives me apples from her tree!See method...
- Place oil and curry paste in a large pan and add carrots, onions, apples. Stir over a moderate heat for 4-5 mins without browning
- Add half the stock, cover with lid and simmer gently over a low heat for 30 mins or until the veg is tender/ soft.
- Spoon into the food processor, process until smooth. Pour back into the pan and add the remaining stock. Bring soup back to the boil, season lightly with salt and pepper. Spoon into bowls and serve with chopped parsley.
- 10ml Sunflower oil
- 15ml mild curry paste
- 450g carrots scrubbed and chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 eating apples chopped
- 750ml chicken stock
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley to garnish