I love coming up with new recipes to feed my family, as so often I get stuck in the rut of the same meals week in, week out. In our house, my husband is vegetarian, and I have a wheat allergy, so I try to create recipes that cater for both of our requirements. Our little one eats a balanced diet, and like me, she does eat meat and fish. This is a new recipe, and it's simply triggered from the boredom of the same old, same old!!
Follow Allison: @wheatfreewondersSee method...
- Cut onion in half and finely slice, peel and slice the garlic, chop each sausage into approx 6 pieces and peel and chop sweet potatoes
- Add some oil, salt and pepper to the pan and heat, then add in the onion and garlic and soften.
- Add in the sausage to brown, and if the pan and contents start to darken, throw in some balsamic to loosen everything up.
- Rinse the beans and add to the pan. Also add in the tomatoes, stock cube, tomato puree, lentils and sweet potato and enough water to cover everything. Give it a good stir and leave on the job for a good 20 minutes on a low to medium heat.
- Stir every couple of minutes so the lentils don't stick or catch.
- Add a good Glug of Chilli infused oil, making sure you get some of the flakes in too. Add a bit more balsamic to taste, and some more chilli flakes if you can handle it 😜
- Give everything a good stir, pop the lid on, and put in the oven for 20-25 mins.
- I served this with some roasted asparagus and roasted broccoli.
- 1 pack of sausages
- 1 white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- Veg stock cube
- Handful of red lentils
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp chilli infused oil
- Salt & black pepper
- Chilli flakes (to taste)