I’m Alekz from Devon, in my spare time I like to get out in nature, hiking and camping as much as possible.
I love to cook (and eat!) but hate washing up so anything quick and easy with minimal mess is a win-especially when it makes great grab and go leftovers to take on adventures.See method...
- Add the chorizo to a large non-stick frying pan-medium to high heat. When the fat starts to run turn the chorizo and cook for another few minutes until crispy
- Remove chorizo from the pan and set to one side
- Drain off most of the chorizo oil from the pan, but leave a little in there to cook the onions in Turn down the heat to low and add the onions and pepper. Cook until softened then add the sweetcorn
- Get the pasta cooking
- Add the tinned toms, cream cheese and spices
- After about 5 mins add the chorizo to the mix. I like to keep some to the side and use to top when serving.
- Add a little more spice if needed
- Cook for another 5 mins or so and serve if you are having the mozzarella sprinkle over the top when serving
- 1 spicy chorizo cut into half cm slices
- 1 red onion-diced
- 1 orange pepper-diced
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn
- 1 400g tinned tomato
- 100g cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- Chill flakes to taste (I normally use 1 teaspoon of Ancho flakes and 1 teaspoon of chipotle flakes)
- 400g pasta
- Optional-1 ball mozzarella cut into 1cm square chunks