My name is Abbie and I am @quarascran on Instagram. The story behind my account is that I am obsessed with cooking, food and making amazing drinks! During the lockdown, I would cook to help with my anxiety and depression. As a laugh, my friends would tell me to do a food Instagram and I did it for a laugh but got lots of positive words etc so kept it. I’ve loved it so much actually and it really helps with my mental health.
I work as a bar manager in Glasgow, Scotland in a cute bar/restaurant called The Botany. I work with a very talented chef called Jim Kerr and he has taught me a lot.
Follow Abbie: @quarascranSee method...
- Cook your pasta as per cooking instructions and save a ladle of pasta water.
- Take your sausage meat out the skin and break in pieces add to an oiled pan and cook for 7 mins, breaking with the back of your spatula.
- Add your mushrooms in and cook for around 4 mins then add in garlic for a minute.
- Add in Italian herbs and mustard and stir well.
- Stir in the creme fraiche and season to taste.
- Add in the parsley then serve. Top with cheese and you are good to go.
- To make veggie/vegan swap out Italian sausages for veggie sausages with skin. Toast your fennel seeds and add to the sausage mixture with 1/2 a tsp of cayenne pepper. Use vegan cream to make vegan!
- Pasta of your choice enough for two
- 3 Italian sausages
- 1/2 a packet of button mushrooms chopped in half
- 3 gloves of garlic (or 3 tsp of easy garlic)
- 1 tsp of Italian herbs and wholegrain mustard
- 4 tbsp of creme fraiche
- fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- grana padado (or veggie/vegan alternative)