Jules' Kids Chicken and Apricot Curry Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves : 3 - 4 people
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/4tsp fresh ginger, grated (optional)
- 1 1/2 mild curry paste e.g Korma
- 100ml (3½fl oz) unsalted fresh chicken stock or water
- 100ml (3½fl oz) coconut milk
- 4 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1/4 (about 150g/5½oz) small butternut squash, peeled and finely diced
- 1 small chicken breast, cut into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and ginger, if using, and sauté gently, stirring for 5 minutes. Add the curry paste and fry, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 12 minutes until the squash is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Place in a bowl and mash until smooth or blend in a food processor until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Freeze in individual portions. Thaw overnight in the fridge or for 1-2 hours at room temperature, then microwave or reheat in a small pan until piping hot. Stir and allow to cool before serving.
- Tip: You can freeze the remainder of the can or carton of coconut milk for use another day.